Thursday, May 05, 2005

Defining federalism, or, Why I am wrong sometimes

One of the fun and disturbing things about blogging is, you get to see all those thoughts that sound so great in your head, on the computer screen. Where they can be judged with an objective eye. And sometimes the harsh light of my computer monitor is unkind.

Re-reading some past entries (is that as narcissistic as it sounds?), I've noticed that I throw the word "federalism" around, sometimes using it in ways that are completely contradictory. So what does this word mean?

According to my very old Oxford American dictionary, it means:

Of a system of government in which several states unite under a central authority but remain independent in internal affairs.


So, that's cleared up. And I'll try to stick to just the one definition in future posts.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?